- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Contact Lenses in Portland and Beaverton
Our team at McBride Vision Clinic is committed to being your one-stop shop for all your eye and vision care needs, including contact lenses in Portland and Beaverton, Oregon. If you've been thinking about making the switch from traditional glasses to contact lenses, now is a great time to see our Portland & Beaverton optometrist for a recommendation. From there, we also offer a wide range of contact lens types in our office for you to choose from.
Contact Lens Options Available
What many patients don't realize when they decide to make the switch to contact lenses is that not everybody is a suitable candidate for "traditional" contact lenses. In fact, some people have a certain eye or vision conditions that may make wearing regular contacts a challenge.
This is where our optometry team is here to help, as we can assess your eye and vision health to make a personalized recommendation that will suit your unique needs. We even offer specialty contact lenses in our office for those who are more difficult to fit for contacts, so you can feel confident in making the transition from regular glasses to contact lenses.
- Gas-permeable (GP) lenses are an example of one of the most common types of specialty lenses; these tend to be ideal for those who have astigmatism and need lenses to suit the unique curvature of the eye lens.
- Soft lenses can also achieve this, though GP lenses tend to be more durable and will last longer. On the other hand, soft lenses also come in daily disposable options, which are ideal for those who don't want to deal with the hassle of daily lens cleaning.
- We also offer multi-focal lenses, which are perfect for those who need both near and far vision correction. These perform in the same way that a pair of bi-focal lenses would.
- Some other common types of contact lenses that we offer include colored lenses (to change the perceived color of your eyes) and silicone hydrogels which are soft lenses similar to GP lenses.
Don't Forget Your Eye and Vision Exam
If it's been more than a year since your last comprehensive eye exam, we also highly recommend that you schedule one with our eye doctor before you make the switch to contacts. Doing so will allow us to determine which type of lenses will be best suited for your needs. Furthermore, a vision evaluation during your exam will help us make sure that your contact lenses are ordered with the most up-to-date prescription possible. And of course, during your exam, we can answer any questions you may have about switching to contacts.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Portland & Beaverton Optometrist
Are you ready to schedule your appointment with our Portland & Beaverton optometrist? If so, then it's time to give McBride Vision Clinic a call to get started. You can reach us at (503) 297-4183. We look forward to helping you make a smooth transition from glasses to contacts!